Equipping and Empowering Emerging Leaders in Cambodia
A quick update:
- My (Gil) facial symptoms with Bell’s Palsy are recovering well. My mouth movement is almost fully functional although my right eye doesn't completely blink well yet. I’m thankful for your prayers.
- Joyce’s kidney stone hasn’t passed yet. It’s been already over 4 months since it was diagnosed. The longer it delays the less of the chance it will pass naturally. She’s scheduled to meet doctor this week to discuss options. Please continue praying for the healing.
- Last week, there was a political breakthrough in Cambodia when two competing parties came to agreement and would sit together at the national assembly. The opposition party has been refusing to sit in the assembly for almost a year. Pray for the political situation to remain stable.
- Erica Smith has arrived yesterday. She just graduated a high school in Ohio USA. We are excited to welcome her into our home and to be a part of our family for the next 10 months. Erica will be the 4th grade assistant teacher at Logos school and exploring her future mission options. Pray for her to be blessed and be a blessing to many this year.
- Finally we got our vehicle (2004 Toyota Sienna) after a year of fundraising. A few days ago, I drove it down to Sihanoukville (a beach town) where Joyce was attending a women conference as a speaker. After a day at the beach as family, we returned home enjoying the ride. We thank San Jose New Hope CRC, Shawnee Park CRC, Grace Korean CRC and numerous individuals who gave generously toward getting this car. Big thanks!
- Joyce and kids will be “back to school” next week. David is entering 10th grade, Isaac 9th and Mary 7th. Joyce will be teaching again the high school Bible classes. Pray for another grace-full school year.
- For Gil, next quarter (Aug-Oct) will be occupied with training activities, coaching and network meetings, studying for the second year of D.Miss program and preparation for the country evaluation and SE Asia consultation. Pray for wisdom and discipline.
*Joyce and Mary at the Evangelical Fellowship of Cambodia Annual Women Conference